Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Lobdell Line

I have relied on the book Simon Lobdell -- 1646 of Milford Connecticut and his descendants by Julia Ardelia Harrison Lobdell as a source for my understanding of my Lobdell ancestors.  My fifth great-grandmother Annis (perhaps Eunice) Lobdell married Moses Jennings circa 1796 based on the age of their oldest child, Annis.  I am descended from them through their daughter, Sally Jennings.

Annis Lobdell Jennings was the daughter of Burwell and Anne (St. John) Lobdell. Burwell was born February 24, 1749 in Ridgefield, Fairfield, Connecticut. Burwell and Anne married at the Wilton Congregational Church in Wilton, Connecticut on March 9, 1772.  They resided in Wilton where Burwell died in 1814.

Burwell Lobdell, my sixth great-grandfather, was one of fourteen children of Ebenezer and Rebecca (Benedict) Lobdell.  Ebenezer Lobdell was born February 24, 1707 and baptized in Milford, Connecticut. Ebenezer and Rebecca married December 28, 1732.  They resided in Ridgefield, Connecticut where Ebenezer died in 1801.

Ebenezer Lobdell, my seventh great-grandfather, was one of six children of Joshua and Mary (Burwell) Lobdell.  Joshua Lobdell was born December 23, 1671 in Springfield, Massachusetts to Simon and Persis (Pierce) Lobdell.  He died in Ridgefield, Connecticut.

Joshua Lobdell, my eighth great-grandfather, was the son of Simon and Persis (Pierce) Lobdell.  Simon Lobdell, an early settler of Milford, Connecticut, was the immigrant ancestor arriving in Boston in 1645.

© 2016 Deborah Garber




No comments:

Post a Comment