Preserved, born 1738, is the son of Reuben and Eunice (Couch) Taylor. He is named as a son in the estate papers of Reuben Taylor. Preserved served as a Sargeant in Lieut. Colonel James Smedley's Company in Colonel Nathan Whiting's Second Regiment during the French and Indian War. He enlisted March 19, 1762 and was discharged November 30 of the same year.
Ruth, born 1743, is the daughter of Samuel and Dinah (Comstock) Hanford. She is named in the will of Moses Comstock as the daughter of his late daughter Dinah Hanford.
Ruth pre-deceased Preserved on February 6, 1813 in Redding, Connecticut. Preserved died January 20, 1822 in Redding and his estate was settled in the Danbury Probate District in 1822. Both Ruth and Preserved are buried in Lower Starrs Plain Cemetery in Danbury, Connecticut. A photograph of Ruth's gravestone can be seen here on Find A Grave.
Children of Preserved and Ruth (Hanford) Taylor:
- Abraham Taylor, b. January 2, 1765, d. 1813
- Preserved Taylor, b. 1766, d. May 9, 1847
- Ruth Taylor, b. 1767, d. October 5, 1774
- Hannah Taylor, b. December 21, 1769, d. October 5, 1774
- Rhoda Taylor, b. February 7, 1772
- Eunice Taylor, b. July 22, 1773
- Ruth Taylor, b. January 19, 1776, d. August 19, 1849
- Hannah Taylor, b. January 28, 1779,
- Adah Taylor, b. May 6, 1781, d. April 2, 1812
- Zillah Taylor, b. July 7, 1783, d. February 8, 1872
- Lydia Taylor, b. December 4, 1785
© 2016 Deborah Garber