Based on the date of birth of their oldest child Robert, I estimate that they were married about 1792, probably in New York State. During their married life they lived in present day Kent, Putnam County until their deaths according to the 1800 to 1850 U.S. census records. In the 1800, 1810 and 1820 census a Joseph Lee lived near them.
At some point after Rebecca died on February 6, 1843 Obadiah lived in the household of his daughter
Ruth who was then married to Harvey Mead. Obadiah was listed as blind in the 1850 census and died May 9, 1855 in Kent. I have not found a record of where Obadiah is buried. Rebecca is buried at Leetown Community Ground Cemetery in East Fishkill, Dutchess County. I went to the cemetery to try to photograph her gravestone and perhaps find Obadiah's but was unable to locate either site because of the overgrowth at the cemetery.
Obadiah's will of June 10, 1850 listed his children.
Children of Obadiah and Rebecca Austin Lee:
- Robert T. Lee; b. 28 October 1793; d. 19 September 1858; m. Dena Knapp
- Rachel Lee; ca 1799; m. Leeman Sturtevant
- Thomas Lee; b. 10 September 1802; d. 30 March 1888; m. Esther Mead
- Joseph Lee; b. ca 1804; d. 6 July 1842; m. Temperance
- Sairy Lee; b. ca 1807; m. Williams Hicks
- Milly Lee; b. 9 Feb 1810; d. 17 August 1865; m. Harris Smalley
- Julia Ann Lee; b. ca 1812; d. 17 June 1887, Weston, CT; m. Lorenzo Dow Olmstead (my 4th great-grandmother)
- Ruth Lee; b. 1814; d. 14 January 1893; m. Harvey Mead
Copyright © 2016 Deborah Garber