In 1828 Beach and Sally were living in a house constructed by him at 140 Old Redding Road in Redding. He is listed as a laborer in the 1850 U.S. census although he was listed as farmer in later censuses. In 1870, he owned 5 acres of improved land in Redding valued at $500, 1 cow and 2 swine. He was a member of the Congregational Church in Redding.
Beach died of pneumonia on December 13, 1874 at the age of 75 in Redding. He is buried in Umpawaug Cemetery. By 1880 Sally was living with her daughter Georgiana and Georgiana's family in Redding. In 1888 Sally quit-claimed (along with others in the family) four and one-half acres to Georgiana. Sally died of pulmonary tuberculosis on December 5, 1892 at the age of 88 in Redding.
I am looking for the parents of Beach Whitehead.
Children of Beach and Sally Whitehead:
- Eleanor Whitehead, b. ca 1826, Redding, CT; d. January 11, 1880, Redding; m. July 3, 1843, Redding, John Partrick
- Angeline Whitehead, b. September 1828, m. April 9, 1845, Redding, Morris Jennings, m. ca. 1884, Samuel Northrup
- Alonzo Whitehead, b. December 1830, Redding, m. December 25, 1850, Redding, Mary Ann Elwood
- Mary J. Whitehead, b. June 1831, Redding, d. August 21, 1869, Redding
- Georgianna Whitehead, b. December 1834, d. after 1900, m. George Dudley
- Sarah E. Whitehead, b. ca 1838, Redding, m. February 17, 1858, Redding, Ebenezer Sanford
- Ambrose Beach Whitehead, b. April 1844, Connecticut, d. after 1910, m. 1880, Sarah Elizabeth
Copyright © 2016 Deborah Garber