Mary Harman, the daughter of Philip Henry Harman and Elizabeth Humm, was born in 1815 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. She married Peter Hines in say 1833. Their marriage is confirmed in an 1839 petition by Philip Harman, son of Philip Henry Harman, that refers to Maria married to Peter Hines. There is a record of Mary with her children in the 1850 U.S. census in Donegal, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. But I have not found any record of her after that until her death on December 25, 1895 in Stahlstown. She, too, is buried in the Methodist Church Cemetery.
Children of Peter and Mary Hines:
- Harman P. Hines, born January 11, 1834, Stahlstown, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; died November 29, 1917, Ligonier, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; married Euphemia Johnson.
- Margaret J. Hines, born January 22, 1836, Pennsylvania; died January 24, 1884, Pennsylvania; married Henry Ferry.
- Catherine Elizabeth Hines, born February 5, 1840, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; died January 9, 1917, Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania; married William Deater.
- Henrietta Hines, born September 29, 1841, Pennsylvania; died September 21, 1909, Derry, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; married Hiram Shirey.
- John Hines, born 1842, Pennsylvania; married Elizabeth.
- Isaiah Mechling Hines, born March 8, 1845, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; died December 23, 1926, Cook, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; married Mary P. Thompson.
Copyright © 2016 Deborah Garber