Born in Connecticut, Deliverance was baptized March 31, 1695 in the Fairfield Church, Fairfield, Connecticut along with his siblings Thomas, Sarah and Tabitha. He married Mary Bigg on March 15, 1708 in Fairfield. Mary was born in October of 1688. I have not determined who her parents were.
On August 29, 1759 Deliverance signed a will in Fairfield in which he named his wife and seven children. His sons William and Moses were named executors.
Deliverance and Mary died within days of one another in 1761. He on April 18 and she on April 14. Their daughter Sarah (Bennett) Allen also died on April 18, 1761, and I wonder about what illness they perhaps shared that caused their deaths. Deliverance and Mary Bennett are buried in Colonial Cemetery (also known as Lower Greens Farm Cemetery) in Westport, Connecticut.
Children of Deliverance and Mary (Bigg) Bennett:
- William Bennett, born January 8, 1708, died September 16, 1772; married Abigail Hickok
- Daniel Bennet, born November 11, 1711; married Sarah Trowbridge
- Sarah Bennett, born April 8, 1716, died April 18, 1761; married John Allen
- Eunice Bennett, born October 24, 1718; married Stephen Gray
- Benjamin Bennett, born July 2, 1721, died 1760; married Mary Lobdell
- Samuel Bennett, born August 24, 1723; married Abigail Sherwood
- Moses Bennett, born April 8, 1727
- Rachel Bennett, born October 11, 1729; married Eleazer Godfrey
Copyright © 2015 Deborah Garber