Thursday, August 20, 2015

Clarissa Bates Partrick (1799 - 1860)

Clarissa Bates, my fourth great-grandmother, was born January 11, 1799 in Connecticut.  I have calculated her date of birth from cemetery records.  I believe that her parents were Nathan and Ruth (Taylor) Bates.  In 1850 Nathan Bates was living with Clarissa's son, Burr, and Burr's family in Danbury, Connecticut.  I have not yet located probate records for Nathan that might specifically name Clarissa and link the two.  Nor have I found a record of her birth.  If any cousins out there have some information to definitively connect Clarissa to Nathan and Ruth Bates (or disprove my supposition), I would appreciate you sharing with me.

Clarissa married Silas Partrick when she was about 20 years old based on the date of birth of their oldest child, Burr.  She and Silas had three sons - Burr, John, and Edwin.

She died April 26, 1860 in Wilton, Connecticut.  She is buried at Zion's Hill Cemetery in Wilton next to Silas.

Clarissa Bates Partrick
Zion's Hill Cemetery
Wilton, Connecticut

No comments:

Post a Comment