Edwin was listed as a shoemaker at the time of his marriage and a boot maker in 1860. By 1870 he was listed in the census as a farmer in Weston. Edwin was a long time member of the Congregational Church according to his obituary. He gradually lost his sight during the last ten years of his life and was almost totally blind during his last two years according to his obituary.
Edwin and Abigail both died in Weston in 1891 about three weeks apart. Edwin died September 25 and Abigail died October 16. Abigail's gravestone reads October 15, 1891, but her death record reads October 16, 1891. They are buried at Coley Cemetery in Weston.
Children of Edwin and Abigail (Mead) Beers:
- Antoinette Beers, born 1849, Weston; married Ambrose Lockwood, November 18, 1865, Weston.
- Edwin Lafayette Beers, born February 19, 1850, Weston; married Georgianna Partrick, ca 1873; married Ella Nichols Crofut, April 19, 1894, Norwalk, Connecticut; died July 29, 1919, Norwalk.
- Agnes Irene Beers, born February 3, 1854, Weston; married Charles O. Middlebrook, November 10, 1872, Weston; died May 8, 1926, Norwalk.
- Caroline Beers, born May 3, 1856, Weston; married Samuel Flower Middlebrook (brother of Charles), May 26, 1877; died November 10, 1895, Wilton, Connecticut.
- Clarence O. Beers, born August 23, 1860; died January 22, 1892, Weston.
- Helen Beers, born 1863, Weston.
- Alva Beers, born 1869.
|Abigail Mead Beers|