Sunday, August 3, 2014

Marie Warenbuer Ferree

One of my stops during my Pennsylvania road trip was the town of Paradise in Lancaster County where I found Carpenters Cemetery.

My seventh great-grandmother, Marie Warenbuer Ferree, a founder of the Huguenot Colony in Pequea Valley in 1712 is buried there.

Marie and her husband, Daniel Ferree, had six children -- Daniel, Catherine, Mary, John, Phillip, and Jane.  I am descended through her daughter Mary who married Thomas Faulkner in 1715.



Some views from the present day cemetery.





2 comments:

  1. Nice, we have the same ancestor. Thanks for the pictures. I have been meaning to look for these places myself. I feel even more strongly after seeing the locations beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, thanks for your comment. It's nice to hear from a cousin. Are you a descendant through the Faulkner connection, or another line?

    ReplyDelete