Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year - A New Blog

I have been researching my mother's and father's families for about 3 years.  I decided to launch this blog as a way to share some of what I have learned with other family members.  Also, it is my hope that I will hear from "cousins" who find that we share a family line.

Why the title "Mountain Laurel Chronicle"?  I discovered that many, if not most, of my direct line ancestors in this country settled in Connecticut (on my father's side) and Pennsylvania (on my mother's side).  I wanted to acknowledge the significance of these two states with a reference in the title of the blog.  After a little bit of digging I found that the state flower for both Connecticut and Pennsylvania is the mountain laurel.  A happy coincidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment